[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mum died last night from Dementia - Carers UK Forum

Mum died last night from Dementia

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
A while ago I asked "what do people with dementia die of ?" and now I know.She didn't get pneumonia or an infection ,her body just closed down .

At ten last night my mum finally gave in and died. She had been on Oramorph (little doses of oral morphine ) for a while but they no longer helped .The end of life district nurse came and mercifully gave mum an injection of Morphine and Valium etc.After the second injection, she died.We only wish she'd have been released earlier - though of course we were assured it wasn't the injection that killed her ,it was the dementia.We didn't care ,they could have dosed her to oblivion for all we cared ,we just wanted her out of the pain, the blindness and the inability to speak.
Dementia is such a cruel disease ,I am just so grateful she is at last at peace.

I read that the detection of dementia is meant to be speeding up,I just hope a cure can be found soon.Best wishes to all who are coping with loved ones with this condition,

Barrowgirl.x
So sorry, sending huggs
so sorry barrowgirl
((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))
I am so sorry barrowgirl xx
So sorry to hear your sad news Barrowgirl - but glad that your Mum died peacefully and is at last released from the burden of dementia.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Sorry to read the news of your Mum's passing Barrowgirl. As you say, away from pain now. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Bell x
Just wanted to add my condolences. As you say, such a cruel disease. Thinking of you at this difficult time, Anne x
Thinking of you.

many members here who have coped with bereavements will understand perfectly your words about release from pain etc. Remember we are here anytime

x x
My thoughts are with you at this sad time my friend. x x
Thinking of you here too xx