[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mother has dementia SS are removing her care package - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

mother has dementia SS are removing her care package

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Thank you all for your input, social services backed down today, the lady is not very happy as we complained everywhere we could, they did an assessment last week apparently, they got my mother to face time my sister, they counted that as including us in the assessment. My sister was on for 5 mins and only said hello as our mother does not like us talking about her needs she gets upset. Anyway they have reinstated her care package and are looking for another company. Thank heavens she can carry on in her own home for a bit longer I am so relived. The power of forums and help groups is enormous and what happened in the past when people did not know what they could and could not expect.
Let's face it, the lady from SSD isn't very happy as now her promotion prospects are damaged!!

Well done for sorting this out. Glad we could help.
Under the Care Act 2014 the local Council are responsible to provide for the care needs of people within their borough, not the Government.
Sometimes this has to be pointed out to them!

They are given money by central Government to do this Legal function, and they cannot push the responsibility on to someone else, even if they do franchise out the actual work.
They can be taken to court if they do not.
If you get a Everlasting Power Of Attorney you can speak and make decisions on her behalf, instead of being told that they have to get her permission to do anything!
Often carers are ignored. They cannot ignore the law or POA requesters.