living with vascular dementia

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
F.A.O Sarahf86. Hi have just read your reply to pauline and would really appreciate some information from you.
My mum is 79 and was diagnosed vascular dementia in August 2007. I am her carer but apart from some information from the internet about vascular dementia I dont know much about it. The hospital diagnosed then discharged with no info or what to look for or to expect. I have recently moved to west sussex from london and am finding the help and support really good but its the changes that are occuring in my mum that I don't know if it is the illness progressing or what. I am not sure what stage she is at some days she seems ok others she seems to be in a world of her own and communication is hard.
There is lots I need to know but don't quite know where to start.
Hope you don't mind me asking.
sarah
Hi brimsarah. I know what you are going through. It is hard to watch someone struggling to remember things.Dad has good and bad days. Most days he knows who I am but sometimes he thinks I am my mum. Dad was diagnosed 12 months ago and has slowly detiorated. He has lost weight and does not remember to go to the toilet. Also, if food was not placed before him he would not eat. If asked if he wants any food he replies no, so we do not ask just give it to him and he eats. Iknow he is going to become more forgetful and eventually will not know me which will be hard cope with. Good luck brim . Pauline
Hi

If you look up the Alzheimers Society website (find it on Google) you will find masses of info on dementia and loads of free help sheets they will send you. Good luck.