[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Is Life Over for Both of Us? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Is Life Over for Both of Us?

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Career? It's on hold. No one knows what tomorrow may bring. You're 37 not 67, after all. But, still, it's hard to see all that hard work, contacts, connections and possible lucrative opportunities dissipate. As for a partner, I found my exquisitely beautiful and sexy and virtuous wife on a Christian online dating site, when I saw her picture and fell instantly in love. Nothing is written, old sport, we do indeed write our own story even if the pen sometimes runs out of ink, the pages get smudged and other things get in the way. But you carry on writing your story when you can. As a Christian, I pray and have been praying fervently. Over in my wife's essentially third world country, although there are places of incredible opulence and wealth, the capital city and the skyscrapers there look like something out of a Sci Fi movie, and at street level the poorest come out around 3 or 4 am to sell cheap refreshments to the low paid workers, just to make a living. Work for a day, live for a day. The poor subsist. There's no welfare, you pay even for public hospitals, wages are generally low even good jobs compared to the West, yet internet, water, electricity and many consumer goods and decent food and restaurants are little different from our prices. Even the affluent middle class have less than some of the 'poor' here. Count your blessings.
I totally agree with you, that every person is a master of his own life, and with the fact that he is 37, npt 67, so life is not ending
Demi_1907 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:08 am
Career? It's on hold. No one knows what tomorrow may bring. You're 37 not 67, after all. But, still, it's hard to see all that hard work, contacts, connections and possible lucrative opportunities dissipate. As for a partner, I found my exquisitely beautiful and sexy and virtuous wife on a Christian online dating site, when I saw her picture and fell instantly in love. Nothing is written, old sport, we do indeed write our own story even if the pen sometimes runs out of ink, the pages get smudged and other things get in the way. But you carry on writing your story when you can. As a Christian, I pray and have been praying fervently. Over in my wife's essentially third world country, although there are places of incredible opulence and wealth, the capital city and the skyscrapers there look like something out of a Sci Fi movie, and at street level the poorest come out around 3 or 4 am to sell cheap refreshments to the low paid workers, just to make a living. Work for a day, live for a day. The poor subsist. There's no welfare, you pay even for public hospitals, wages are generally low even good jobs compared to the West, yet internet, water, electricity and many consumer goods and decent food and restaurants are little different from our prices. Even the affluent middle class have less than some of the 'poor' here. Count your blessings.
I totally agree with you, that every person is a master of his own life, and with the fact that he is 37, npt 67, so life is not ending
37 is quite enough to already have a family not to start it... it's kind of ending of life...
Have I misunderstood? 37 is too late to start a family, its ending life? Sorry if I have misunderstood. Starting a family if wanted is a joy whether young or not. Personal choice and circumstances taken into consideration.
I'm in my 50s, my new wife in her 40s. We are embarking on a great adventure. Life can be very tough at times, but at best it can be a great adventure, but you have to go out there... It very rarely just plops in your lap!