Carers groups for people with Dementia in London area

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
I'm pretty sure that my elderly mother has Dementia though she refuses to accept it or visit her GP about it. I'm finding it somewhat difficult to cope at the moment as her memory is very bad and getting worse by the day. I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any support groups (based in the London area) targeted specifically at carers as opposed to people actually suffering from dementia. I performed a search on the Alzheimers uk website for support near me but results showed groups that are targetted at sufferers of the condition. Any help would be very much appreciated
An Internet search ... LONDON BASED DEMENTIA GROUPS FOR CARERS ... throws up many possibilities.

One at random :

http://www.sweettree.co.uk/sweettree-la ... ly-carers/

I hope at least one proves useful.
Antonio _1809 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:22 pm
I'm pretty sure that my elderly mother has Dementia though she refuses to accept it or visit her GP about it. I'm finding it somewhat difficult to cope at the moment as her memory is very bad and getting worse by the day. I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any support groups (based in the London area) targeted specifically at carers as opposed to people actually suffering from dementia. I performed a search on the Alzheimers uk website for support near me but results showed groups that are targetted at sufferers of the condition. Any help would be very much appreciated
My local branch of the Alzheimer's Society does hold regular meetings for Carers (with and without their Caree in tow) to discuss and swap caring strategies. I haven't been for a few years now as Mum passed away in 2012 but I'm pretty sure that they still hold them. I suggest finding your local branch via their website and giving them a ring.
Many thanks for the suggestion. I have now managed to find a carers group in my local area