[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Holidays - Carers UK Forum

Holidays

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Happy New Year All.

A carer asked me if I knew of anywhere he could take his wife for a holiday in uk. He wants a place that can deal with her Dememtia. He will of course be going with her.
Any ideas that I could pass on to him would certainly be helpful.
Best Wishes,
Sonia xxx
Hi Sonia

Vitalise have just advertised their dementia holiday service for sufferers and their carers. http://www.vitalise.org.uk/#homePanel3
Hi, last year I took my hubby who has vascular dementia and in wheelchair on holiday for a week in Llandudno. Stayed in hotel called the West Shore run by organisation called Livability. They have another hotel and various self catering facilities mainly in the south but also one in the Lake District. The hotel couldn't do enough. There was a profiling bed and hoist and wet room. We had breakfast in the room as it took so long to get hubby ready. Food was good and there was entertainment on 2 nights and they had transport to take people on various trips. Would certainly use them again. Hope you find somewhere, good luck Image