Further complications !!!

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Wow what a day yesterday !. Dad called me downstairs to help with mum as she was lying in her bed, fitting and coughing up blood. Fighting the urge to not panic I got him to help me put her in the recovery position and we called 999. Whilst waiting for the ambulance(which was only about ten minutes but seemed like forever) I kept trying to rouse Mum with no succes.
Anyway to cut a long story short we spent all day in A & E having tests, CT Scans, Bloods taken and X Rays, luckily Mum had come round but was very placid as a result of the fit. The ambulance men and women were brilliant as were the nurses and care staff all coping with Mums lack of ability to understand basic requests. Apparently fits are another symptom of Vascular Demetia/Alzhemiers so we are now medicated to reduce the risks of further attacks. That is what is so frustrating about this disease, is the uncertanty about what comes next !!. Sorry if I am going on but need to release somewhere.
Danny that sounds like you & your dad handled it brilliantly. Good to hear the paramedics and nursing staff were all doing a good job. And don't worry, you're not 'going on' - that's what the forum is for!

Matt
Mum now in hospital awaiting reassesment so will probably be moved to a home as the fit has left her unable to walk, stand or feed herself.
Do you have any places close to home that might be suitable for her Danny?
Sorry to hear about your Mum. My Mum also has Vascular Dementia and she is bedridden and cannot do anything for herself either, but for now she is still at home with me. Wishing you all the best finding the right home for her if that's what she needs. I know what you are going through.
Take care
Bluebird Image
No need for her to go into a home if you dont want her to...my mum cant do anything and is hoisted 4 times a day, but is still with me - its a lot of work, but then you might not be able to stay with her as I dont know your circumstances - good luck