Good afternoon everyone.

My name is Samantha King and I am in my third year at the University of Bristol reading a degree in Social Policy and Sociology. For my dissertation I have decided to look at how caring full-time for someone shows that we still have obligations to our family and friends. For the particular research context of my proposal, I will be researching caring full-time for an elderly relative with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.

I am looking for around 8 volunteers in the Southampton area who I could interview, for approximately 1 hour, about their experiences of caring. The questions would involve aspects on social, physical, emotional and financial issues. I must clarify here that my research intentions have been deemed as ethically sound by my University, and that any questions my participants do not want to answer they do not have to - they also may withdraw from the interview at any time and your identity will be protected at all times.

I understand that leaving your home or finding the time to do this may be difficult, especially over the festive period. I am of course willing to travel to a location of your choice - this does NOT have to be your family home - in order for me to interview you.

Unfortunately I am unable to offer any financial incentive for this study. However, I think providing my interviewees with biscuits is not in the rules..!

Please contact me for any further questions, without obligation to be involved of course.

Thank you so much for your time.

Samantha King

Email: sk8697@bristol.ac.uk
Day Time Telephone: 07527248175
Evening Time Telephone: 02380 428311