[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Do I get my mum diagnosed? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Do I get my mum diagnosed?

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Bear in mind that if she is not officially diagnosed she would not get
rates relief which I believe one can get with dementia.
Hi Karen,

And welcome to the Forum.

In addition to all of the above, do you have Power of Attorney? If not, I would get this done very fast before it is too late. My mum had Alzheimers / Vascular Dementia and I managed to get a lawyer to draw up PofA paperwork. Mum had to sign and claim she understood. I think the lawyer realised she had Alzheimers but we got through just in time. If you do have Power of Attorney, it will make officialese easier down the line.

Good luck. My mum also took Aricept to slow the disease down; it worked for a time but then of course stopped working. But anything is worth a go.
Anne
Hi Anne,

Yes we are actually waiting back to hear about Mum’s power of attorney. The forms are all signed and sent off.

After a lot of waivering, I think I am going to take the first step tomorrow and hand a letter in at Mum’s GP surgery and maybe find an excuse to take her later in the week.

Thanks very much for your advice

Regards

Karen