[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dementia and incontinence - Carers UK Forum

Dementia and incontinence

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
I am posting this but aware we have several topics on the go re incontinence. If anyone can suggest which thread to add this to I will do so. In meantime will leave it here.

I have quite a bit contact with various people on twitter and just been sent this link. Thought it may interest members here too

x x

http://www.dementiachallengers.com/incontinence.html
Thanks Rosemary, that was a very useful link.

With my mother, I'm not sure if her intermittent incontinence is due to dementia or not, as she's not displaying any other signs of dementia, but all the same the article was useful to me.
Same re my hubby. They are doing medical tests to rule anything else out before they start playing around with his Alzheimers meds. Problem is he is unable to tell them what is happening/how he feels when the incidents occur.

He is struggling real bad with these issues as fully aware of it happening. For 53 yrs old he is really fit but his brain just not working
Very powerful, and useful, post, Rosemary. Especially the last paragraph.
Mum's not incontinent yet, but if she survives her latest crisis, I fully expect her to be. Forewarned is forearmed.