[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Admiral nurse direct helpline - Dementia - Carers UK Forum

Admiral nurse direct helpline - Dementia

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
This was sent to me and I thought it might be useful to some members here

Admiral nurses

Call 0845 257 9406 or email direct@dementiauk.org

Hours:
Tuesday 11:00 - 20:45

Thursday 11:00 - 20:45

Saturday 10:00 - 13:00
Thanks Rosemary, I'm sure this will help someone. Unfortunately for me, they don't have any Admiral nurses in South Wales but I live in hope Image

x
Thanks Rosemary, I'm sure this will help someone. Unfortunately for me, they don't have any Admiral nurses in South Wales but I live in hope Image

x
Apologies for not posting this section
If your area does not have an Admiral Nursing Service, you can still contact an Admiral Nurse for advice or support by calling our helpline
So although you dont have the nurses in your area now, you can still call the helpline if ever needed. Might be worth filing away for future reference.
Thanks Rosemary, I didn't realise they would still offer help. I've written the number down.

Thanks again x
We have 2 adminal nurses in this area. I've had them before in the past and to be honest I've not gained anything from them. One of the nurses is female the other is male. I had the male nurse. I don't know what it was but he was so cold and unemotional. I know in their job they are not to get emotionally involved but it was like talking to a brick wall!! In fact I would have got more sense out of my dogs and cats than him. Yes in one sense I could vent my feelings and emotions but you expect someone to have some sort of say when you are talking to them. It was all very one sided - on my part!!

In my opinion they were a waste of space - I'd rather come on here and have a decent conversation with my friends.

On the brighter side, I suppose we are very lucky to have them and some people may benefit from the admiral nurses - just not me in this case Image

Elaine.