[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Disability Law Service VERY DISAPPOINTED - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Disability Law Service VERY DISAPPOINTED

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
As my dad would say , the polite version, they can't run a party in a brewery.

How can we get our rights when no one understands, there are trained people getting paid, our life is in their hands literally.

The Care Act was brought out to make sure we get help and support and are treated fairly and our carees.

I have had a good look at the Care Act, most was completely ignored by Social Services, dignity, Wellbeing?

My friend just received the absolute minimum, but he didn't even receive that really, such a bad service.

When is the Care Act coming back? and what are my rights now?
Hi Mike,I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble but you are not alone in this matter, as many of us carers are having the same problem as you.
Give carers uk helpline a ring, there is bound to be someone there that can help you.
Write to your local am/mp,local councillor asking for help. It is up to you if you write into the papers but it is best not to, as you do get the trolls annoying you.

The advocate service should not turn you down unless there is a good reason why.
The biggest problem at the moment which a lot of services are doing at the moment are using covid-19 to hide behind but there is a new law which has been passed to stop that. Speak to the carers as they will find someone to help you case and anyone else's. The advocate service is snowed under picking up the slack as lawyers will not do anything unless there is money to be made out of it. Don't leave it to late as some of these services like social service will drag their heels until 6 month is up of any complaint or for something to be done.

hope this is some help.
michael
Thanks Michael, yes that was helpful and I'll make sure to try those options you mentioned.

All the best and thanks for taking the time to reply.