[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The begining of the end ?? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

The begining of the end ??

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
Hi, i am in a sort of similar situation to you. You don't say how old your son is! My duaghter is 15, has asd, and only for the last few months has started to try to kill herself. I also don't feel i can cope much more, i get no help either, Its so bloody annoying and makes me so mad that no one out there helps us. i have begged for respite but all we ever hear is we don't meet the critirea!!! Let me know how you and your son get on, just remember there are more of us out here in your position, so please don't feel alone. I don't know what way to turn, i feel my life is terrible at the moment , but as mums we just have to carry on don't we.

Us carers in this situation need to talk to each other more, i know i need someone to talk to. My email address if you want to talk is ( deleted and sent in a pm to Oaklady )
Or you can talk on here also.
I have given my daughter someover the counter medication tonight to try and help her sleep, so i may also get some sleep. I cant sleep in case she kills herself.
Let me know whats happening your end.

Carolyn
He's 19 but its been going on a long time
I'll pm you
Hi, i am in a sort of similar situation to you. You don't say how old your son is! My duaghter is 15, has asd, and only for the last few months has started to try to kill herself. I also don't feel i can cope much more, i get no help either, Its so bloody annoying and makes me so mad that no one out there helps us. i have begged for respite but all we ever hear is we don't meet the critirea!!! Let me know how you and your son get on, just remember there are more of us out here in your position, so please don't feel alone. I don't know what way to turn, i feel my life is terrible at the moment , but as mums we just have to carry on don't we.

Us carers in this situation need to talk to each other more, i know i need someone to talk to. My email address if you want to talk is ( deleted and sent in a pm to Oaklady )
Or you can talk on here also.
I have given my daughter someover the counter medication tonight to try and help her sleep, so i may also get some sleep. I cant sleep in case she kills herself.
Let me know whats happening your end.

Carolyn
Willowthewisp, go to your GP and ask for an urgent referral to CAMHS because of your daughter's suicidal thoughts and actions. I don't see how those behaviours would not meet their criteria, but if anyone says it again, go to your local press. I'm sure they'll take it up....you can imagine the headline "Suicidal teen refused help - 'not eligible' says authorities"

If your daughter is "not eligible," who is?
HI, we are already with CAMHS, they see her for about 50minutes once a fortnight. Lolly says she does not find it at all helpful, but i feel it is helping her without her realising.!!

Lolly has now been discharged from hospital, they have said they will ask CAMHS to try and fit her in next week!!! And do what, send us away again after a 50 minute session, and then we go home still watching her every single hour of the day, we are not having a life here.

I need to know why she is doing this, and i need it to stop. I feel she may have some form of schizophrenia or bi-polar, but they have all said she is not depessed. But i feel she needs medication, they disagree with me. I feel she needs medication to keep her calm when she gets upset, as this is often what triggers off the suicide attemps. I also want medication to help her sleep at night. but again they don't agree, so for now i am giving her Phenergan, this is just an over the counter anti histimine, but t can be used also as a sedative for people who cannot sleep at night. I gave it to her for the first time last night, and she has told me she had a wonderful nights sleep. Hubby has kept lolly busy all day today and she had been really happy and relaxed, but it will only take one person to upset her and she will sink down again and maybe try suicide.
I feel like i am always holding my breath until she tries something stupid again.
Hopefully we will see camhs again soon and maybe they will change their minds!!
who knows.
As your daughter is under 18 you still have the right to ask questions and to seek advice on your daughter's care as they are relying on you to keep her safe.

You need perhaps to point out that by not advising you they are endangering your daughter. That may just worry them into helping more.
Just to let you know that I was in the same boat with my daughter a few years ago.

Medication did help her and it has changed her life.

We avoided meds for years but had to resort to them in the end and we are glad we did.

Go with what you feel is right and keep pushing for what you feel Lolly needs.
Let me kmow how you are getting on .

Willow
Just a brief up date. The section 2 order runs out on wednesday. They have put a section 3 order in place (up to 6 months in hospital). I don't expect to get my son home again in the near future (if ever) as they now say that the flat is unsafe for him.
I asked for a couple of days respite and it looks as if my son will not be coming home. I know all children leave home eventually BUT I did not expect a couple of days respite to become permanent in this way.

hi

my son of 3 years is a joy and a pain he has autism, just hope his future is bright, i feel for some people on here after reading their posts. hope to get to chat sometime with people who i have something in common with, i have lost alot of friends. take care all x
Most friends just don't understand what it can be like, do they vickypaige?

We lost many friends in the early years with our son, too, but have found many more - who, because they are carers themselves, do understand.

Many areas have a local autism group or National Autistic Society group you could be in touch with. Take a look at http://www.autismdirectory.org.uk/Pages ... ar=1&rs=-1 - you should be able to find a local group here.