The A Word BBC1

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
Anyone watching this second series?

Watching when I can. What do you think?
I think it's great for raising awareness. The fact that it's on at 9pm and will attract folk who wouldn't necessarily watch a documentary. I also like that it is showing a range of characters on the spectrum. There are a few cheesy moments, but also a lot that rings true. I like the way it explores different character's responses to Joe's autism.

I did find it hard to watch when the young man who is applying to go to college came home and had a meltdown and Joe's Dad was worried for his and his Mum's safety and she told him to just go and she'd deal with it.

I watched some of the first series but thought the second would deteriorate into too many far fetched story lines. Is it actually worth watching?
I think so. I think series 2 was better than series 1, but that's just my opinion.

I didn't see the first series, saw about 10 minutes, and gave up. I'm having so many problems with M's care that I don't want to watch any more. Yet helping others here doesn't affect me that way in the least. Odd.