[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Supported Living - Page 6 - Carers UK Forum

Supported Living

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
What a stupid social worker!

You have a RIGHT not to care any more. It's far far better to have a planned move out, a long period of what amounts to "shared" care while you son settles in and you make sure he has everything he needs, and staff can ask you about any concerns.
He's going to be a lot more lonely after you and your husband are gone, unless they start supporting him to have a new life asap. Does he attend any other services at all?
The social worker should have done a Carers Assessment for each of you, away from your son. Has this happened?
Not really an assessment like he had 7 years ago, she just wrote down what I said he did, didn't really ask about him.
He has gone back to college 2 mornings a week, they are ALFIE courses for adults with learning disabilities one preparing for life and work the other cooking healthy meals. She suggested Mencap. The lady for our local carer support group suggested more than the social worker did. I have contacted GEMS local NHS group the carer also suggested The light but social worker said they wouldn't fund that. I have suggested groups that carer lady suggested but need to be referred by social worker.

I have sent her email following our meeting as I like things in writing so we all know what has been said but she has not replied yet.
Unfortunately our council has gone bankrupt.