[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Direct Payments/Personal Budget - Carers UK Forum

Direct Payments/Personal Budget

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
My son is in receipt of Direct Payments through the County Council, it has been a battle from the start, took two years to get it from first applying. Loads of problems with the payments since 2010. I was wondering if this is pretty general with councils and if anyone had remedied the errors successfully and how?
Ask Social Services for a new Needs Assessment and Carers Assessment if they were done more than a year ago, write and send the letter by Special Delivery. If your son is on benefits, get Legal Aid for him. I did. Don't use the phone to communicate, use email so you have a paper trail. Print off all emails and keep everything in a lever arch file.
Yesterday, I had a multipage report from the Ombudsman about the problems I've had, and what the LA must now do to resolve them.