[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Autism Friendly Film Screening. - Carers UK Forum

Autism Friendly Film Screening.

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
To parents of children with SEN. Thought I'd post about this as it sounds fantastic Image x

Details of our next screening will be available soon, once these have been agreed with ODEON. To get updates straight to your inbox, sign up for our eNewsletter.

Which cinemas have been involved so far?

What makes the screenings autism friendly?

The lights will be on low
The volume will be turned down
There will be no trailers at the beginning of the film
You'll be able to take your own food and drinks
You'll be able to move around the cinema if you like.

http://www.dimensions-uk.org/autismfilms/
We have these in Oxford!
We have these in Oxford!
I only found out about it friday think its a recent thing in my area, but thought i'd spread the word as i think this is great x
We have these in Oxford!
I only found out about it friday think its a recent thing in my area, but thought i'd spread the word as i think this is great x
I'm doubly lucky, as I cannot travel and use it my sons school takes them once every so often when he is in residence so he doesn't miss out. Our local one used to do it until they closed it down.
These are shown at my local cinema, but iv never taken Zac as he is able to sit thr a normal showing.

Hes such a massive film buff that iv been taking him since he was very little.

Only had one or 2 mishaps along the way but now hes older he can cope better .

Good idea tho. x
That sounds really good - my brother likes to move around so such screenings would be great. Chance to network for us both as well.

Related to this: if motion theatres are doing this, are for example musical theatres doing this as well?
Not that I have heard of yet...

Some groups do performances solely for special groups ie Oily Cart do fab productions specifically designed to engage those with specific disabilities.

Melly1
We have them in Barnsley as well. I usually get an email notification of them.