[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Melanie Sykes - Carers UK Forum

Melanie Sykes

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
Well have you seen today's paper Melanie Syke's youngest son has been diagnosed with autism he is 7 yrs old.

She was talking about an intensuve thearapy course that her son went on for 2 and a half weeks it's privately run not avail on the NHS and costs a lot of money surprise surprise!!

It's ok if your some high profile celeb with squillions in your bank account.To pay for these luxuries, but if your normal Joe Bloggs with £2.00 in your bank it's impossible.

Sometimes it make's me angry like the rich and famous have got the midas touch or something.

I'm sure when David Cameron's little boy died a few years ago, he was very poorly with major health problems and multipal disabilites, probably felt utterly powerless. I know he wasn't the PM at the time, and now he's one of the most powerful men in the world.

My Charlotte was five when she was diagnosed with ASD on the NHS by a NHS paediatrician.

Sometimes life is strange.

Liz
Coping with caring/disability without having to worry about money is definitely an assett. Having money to buy in support, not having to worry about additional costs etc is something a lot of carers can only dream of. However, I don't really see how a 2 1/2 week intensive course would make a lot of difference to a lifelong condition like autism ...

Melly1
Absolutely Melly, 2 1/2 weeks!
If you google iPAN you will find this therapy.
The problem with Celebridees is they think the rest of us are just plain stoopid Image
My son has been having intensive therapy for over 2 years now and progress is slow but then he is profoundly autistic and to my knowledge there are no couple of week language aquisition therapies for the non verbal, if there were we wouldn't need Ms Sykes to advertise it because it would be seriously big news.
Vicky
There are far too many quack remedies for autism, all hugely expensive and serving only to enrich the perpetrators.