[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance, would I qualify? - Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance, would I qualify?

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
Hi. I have a 20 yr old daughter with high functioning aspergers. She attends university for 3 days a week. She has help there, notetaker and other help and has travel assistance to and from uni as she does not like to be outside on her own. She has not had a formal diagnosis as our health trust don't do them for adults but our doctor is convinced of aspergers, ocd, anxiety and the uni did their own assessment and found the same. I do not get any benefits and she gets the normal student help, grants etc. Would I be able to get carers allowance? Although she is doing well at uni, she needs someone with her nearly all the time or the anxiety gets worse.
Get in touch with our helpline Dee, they should be able to work out what you and yor daughter are entitled to, you can contact them by phone or email, details are on our main pages.
Thank you,I'll do that. Image