[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Deep breath..and breathe lol - Carers UK Forum

Deep breath..and breathe lol

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
Good morning guys!! :D Hope everyone is ok..

Well Sam (Aspergers) has hopefully finally got some "bank" work at our local hospital in the admin department...he did a work experience placement last month and now is starting this....he is quite chilled about it whilst im feeling "headless chicken syndrome" slowly building...im now having (and wanting) to start looking for a job for myself and its very scary after being his carer for the last 13 years!!!

Any advice would be most welcome!! :shock:

Carol
Hi Caz, that's definitely a case of a double edged sword, good and bad all at once. What would you like to do now, work wise?
Thats the million dollar question!! Im almost 54 and whilst I realise that this is not old by any means I struggle with depression etc but ideally I would like to work with kids like Sam or SN adults etc? Probably some college course would be in order to brush up my skills etc? I have done care work in the past etc also.... :huh:
Hi Caz,
That's great re Sam.
Re yourself, do you have an NVQ or similiar?

Melly1
No Melly1 I dont...ive done basic care work years ago and gained just health and safety, food hygiene and life saving certs...think it was rather more relaxed then so I realise more training/college might be in the pipeline but im wanting the challenge now if that makes sense? Something for me.... :)
How about contacting local primary schools or care homes and volunteer for a bit? Just to get you back in the groove?
E.
Elaine wrote:How about contacting local primary schools or care homes and volunteer for a bit? Just to get you back in the groove?
E.
Yeah that sounds really good advice...thanks!! 8-)

On another really fantastic note Sam has been accepted for an Apprenticeship in Admin starting from Monday :D We are both absolutely over the moon about this after quite a frustrating year for him (and me lol)...finally somebody that recognises he will be a wonderful asset and hard worker!!!

So grateful for the chance that somebody has given him!!! :D