Camhs appt

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
1998 was the funny year i think Sparkly. I have sat and studied videos of before and after, a totally different child.
Hi K Image

Sorry I haven't responded to your text yet... Image

Have you got the date for the new appointment through?

The only experience of CAMHS we had, as you know, was with Youngest in July. She was totally uncooperative, far more interested in everything else going on around her. While they couldn't offer a diagnostic service (something to do with internal hospital politics, apparently), they did say if we wanted to advise schools, healthworkers, etc. that she has PDA traits, we could because they were just so blatant.

Gather all the information together that you can to give a full picture of F's difficulties. It may be a wise idea to advise them in advance that F has communication difficulties and may not cooperate too.

S x x
1998 was the funny year i think Sparkly. I have sat and studied videos of before and after, a totally different child.
Me again (and hello Sparkly - I know your post referred to this too).

Neither of my two had the MMR jab. Eldest was due to have hers in 1996 but there were scares around that time, so her father and I declined the jab at that time. She was dx. with moderate autism in 1998. Eldest had the jab about 2-3yrs ago in our local hospital (due to potential allergic/anaphylaxis issues) but she was fine.

Youngest's father and I also declined the MMR. She was dx. with Asperger's Syndrome in 2004.

Looking at family histories in all three parental regards, there's pretty strong evidence of at least 2-3 people per generation having an undx. ASD or ASD traits.

I know that they changed production methods (e.g., they used to prepare the vaccine using egg white) a few years back....

S x x
Thanks S. Understand why you've not been in touch hun. x x
Am hoping that we get a new appt soon, behaviour has become somewhat bizarre and out of character. Stressed to the max. Also a college problem has cropped up and it's a hard one to deal with.

K
Had appt with camhs doctor this morning, she has prescribed 0.5mg risperidone to be reviewed after a week with the intention of upping to 1mg also melatonin was mentioned with a view to taking it in conjunction in 6 months or so.
Hope it works!!