[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
autism assessment for adult regarding employment - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

autism assessment for adult regarding employment

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
Update.
The workplace sent an email to say he did not mention it on his application form although, since I always help him with it, I am certain we did. It was last autumn and at that time I was busy with legal stuff having lost my Mum so I must have forgotten to photocopy his form which is totally unlike me!!

She also denies that a staff member told him to “do the best you can” but he is certain she did. So it’s our word against theirs!

I don’t suppose there is anything we can do now.

Thank you Breezey for all your help.
Penny wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:45 pm
Update.
The workplace sent an email to say he did not mention it on his application form although, since I always help him with it, I am certain we did. It was last autumn and at that time I was busy with legal stuff having lost my Mum so I must have forgotten to photocopy his form which is totally unlike me!!

She also denies that a staff member told him to “do the best you can” but he is certain she did. So it’s our word against theirs!

I don’t suppose there is anything we can do now.

Thank you Breezey for all your help.
One word against another and the neurotypical employer taking advantage of the situation thinking they have more integrity than the neurodiverse. It is despicable.

You could ask them for a copy of the application form.

However, you said dyslexia was pointed out in the interview as well but being verbal, it is again one word against another.

Understandable you had a lot on your plate at that time, sorry for your loss.

I am sure she did tell him to do his best, it's not something you make up.

If nothing else, they've had a shake up with a tribunal against them, I hope they take things forward.

You might not have the last laugh on paper but believe me you have got the last laugh because there will have been some challenging career enhancing conversations behind closed doors! Employers do not like tribunals.
The tribunal will also have words with them and maybe, if there is a report, have recommendations or instructions for them to do certain things. Tribunal will know that in the middle lies the truth and that the truth perhaps swings more towards the employee.

Put it behind and move on, as you know, nothing more to be gained there.
He deserves a better employer.

Do get in touch with social services for needs assessment, there may be some disability at work measures he qualifies for - have a look on the dyslexia website, there's awareness for the workplace.

Have a think about doing that one page assistance information, probably better to give them that on the first day rather than at application stage or in the interview. On the first day, say he had a thought about how he can show how they can help him.
He could make a subject access request asking for copies of everything they have on him?
Legal requirement to comply in about 30 days.