[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Aspie husband and carer - Carers UK Forum

Aspie husband and carer

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
well it seems i am a Aspie husband. also have P,T,S,D, and dyslexia. Dyslexia now a days is when the spell checker cant even work out what you are saying) in defense of Aspie,s. it is a frame of mind that many people have. Yes we like to be in our own worlds and watch TV while reading a terry Pratchet book, some times i think our world is better than yours. but seriously, we do not intentionally, go out to hurt or upset people.but like most disorders we lose some of our humanity but gain other gifts. Mine are in maths and electronics. so very handy around house, But even with this i am a full time carer for my disabled wife. and she cares for me. she might be in a wheelchair but has 2 masters degrees. its nice when you can care for each other. :woohoo: :woohoo:
Hi Esmond,
Sounds like you both support each other and have a lovely partnership.

I live with S, he has classic autism and is at the more severe end of the spectrum. When he isn't suffering with his other health issues we are a team too. He helps with chores and is affectionate and loving. He has really helped me when I had my hip operation and my hernia op. He is sympathetic if he can see if something is wrong eg a cut, but doesn't understand if I'm tired or have a headache etc

Melly1
I have Asperger's myself. It is very rare for a woman to have the condition. I am a carer for my father and I also work in a care home.