[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ASD and Finding a relationship please draft a advice please - Carers UK Forum

ASD and Finding a relationship please draft a advice please

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
:-???

Hello,

I’m new to the forum I’ll make my question

I have Soical anxiety, I don’t social a lot outdoors however I’ll like to know how can I find love with my special needs? I easily get embarrassed, unless I’m abit hard on myself,

Has anyone had this same issue?
Hello Adrian 2011,

I have joined this forum specifically to answer your post.

I'm so sorry that no-one has replied to your note, perhaps my experience might give some hope. I have Aspergers, diagnosed in 2011 when I was in my mid forties. I had resigned myself to a life on my own as I has realised that I was impossible to live with. I was lonely, but resigned. Where was I to find someone who liked me, wanted to be with me and was patient enough to understand my behaviour and forgive me for it? A big ask, right?

But guess what? I found that person and she is now my wife of nearly ten years. I'm still a prat because of my condition, but she knows that I don't mean to be rude, weird and bad tempered.

There are people out there who can put up with us, but I think you have to be honest from the start about what they're getting themselves into . I hope you have found someone since you posted back in November, please don't give up hope.

Best wishes for the future.