Any Other Aspie Wives Out There?

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
Hi Magrat

I've met several mums of kids with autism spectrum conditions whose partner was undiagnosed but almost certainly on the spectrum themselves. Most couldn't accept there was anything wrong with their children because "he's just like me..."
Charles this is just SO true.

Melly1
Hi Magrat

I've met several mums of kids with autism spectrum conditions whose partner was undiagnosed but almost certainly on the spectrum themselves. Most couldn't accept there was anything wrong with their children because "he's just like me..."
Charles this is just SO true.

Melly1
Hi Charles and Melly Image

Denial certainly does occur, I agree.

Something which is happening more frequently nowadays though, is the parent learning more about themselves through their child's diagnosis.

I've read of a couple of examples recently where an adult has referred themselves for an ASD diagnosis because they have so readily identified with their child. In both of these examples, the adult expressed a sense of relief at their own diagnosis.

Does this make sense? (Sorry, I'm not having a great day today - memory's not great at the moment).

S. xx
Makes a lot of sense to me, Sezzie. There was a case publicised about 12-13 years ago by the National Autistic Society of a 9 year old boy being diagnosed - and because of that, his father and grandfather (aged 70 at the time)!
Yes Suzzie, on my autism forum I have read of this happening and the relief experienced by the adults finally have a reason for whilst they always felt different.

Melly1
Me!!!!! My hubby has just been told he has a form of Aspergers they put it as Pervasive Developmental Disorder. And would love some support as I'm about to journey alOng the Carers Allowance Road x
I am a aspie wife but I my situation is a bit more complicated due to the fact the age difference and me being an american on a visa living in UK.

My husband spends a lot of time on the xbox and computer as well. He has the usual traits of concentration on one thing, only being able to listen to one person at a time, his sudden outbursts, among other things.

I get depressed and feel isolated alot especially since I live in another country with no family or friends of my own.
Hi Liz,

I'm not an aspie wife, but wanted to say hi and welcome. I care for S and he has autism, the other end of the spectrum. He is currently on the internet, hence so am I. I'm sure my dad has aspergers - though due to his age was never diagnosed.

Feeling isolated is common amongst carers - I thought it was just me in my situation feeling lonely, until I joined this forum.

Roll call is good for a "natter."

Melly1
Hi Liz, welcome to the forum - glad you found us! As Melly suggested, roll call is a good place for a natter. also, you may like to have a look at the New Members section to introduce yourself and receive many a war welcome I'm sure!

Enjoy the friendship you will find on the forum.

Bell x
Hi Liz, welcome to the forum - glad you found us! As Melly suggested, roll call is a good place for a natter. also, you may like to have a look at the New Members section to introduce yourself and receive many a war welcome I'm sure!

Enjoy the friendship you will find on the forum.

Bell x
Im sorry, I cant help it - it made me think of this

Bell and I offer you a warm welcome
Hi, My husband has been diagnosed with aspergers after a long time fighting for a diagnosis. I too feel quite isolated and lonely and would appreciate someone to talk to at ti
mes who actually understands what its like to live with someone with aspergers.