Complete Change after Brain Injury

For issues related to specific conditions and disabilities.
jenny lucas

Re: Complete Change after Brain Injury

Postby jenny lucas » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:01 pm

That sounds really scary.

The 'over-sensitivity' reminds me a little of when my husband developed epilepsy from brain cancer (spread to brain). He had to be careful not to be 'over-stimulated' by anything, as it could trigger a seizure. I also had to learn not to try and talk to him or communicate, or even touch him, when he was having a seizure (only 'petit' thank goodness, after the first 'grand' one which luckily happened in hospital), as his brain was 'overloading' (so to speak).

I do wish you as best as possible at managing your very distressing situation. It shows, in a way, both how strong, and simultaneously fragile, our brains are - and therefore our minds and our selves......

susieq

Postby susieq » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Dear Lou

Thank you very much for your post - I'm sure it is very helpful for carers of those with brain injuries to read the 'other side of the coin'.

You must find it very hard to cope with especially as you have an autistic son who needs your care and attention to boot.
Remind yourself that it's OK not to be perfect

MrsAverage

Postby MrsAverage » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi Lou.
Welcome and thank you for such an interesting and informative post. The similarities to asd/autism meltdowns are enlightening.
I get mini shutdowns when I get a sudden migraine. Instantly can't cope with light and sound. Brain stops working. Luckily for me a sleep and medication put me right, but best of all is avoidance of triggers in the first place.
I can only imagine how much worse you and your son find it.
Bless you both
Xxx
MrsA

Pet66

Postby Pet66 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Hello Lou
I found your post very interesting. I wonder if my husband has those sort of feelings in his lucid moments, with his dementia. I think you are very brave and considerate for sharing with us.
Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks

Louise_170312

Postby Louise_170312 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:15 pm

You are all very welcome.

It's good to share things and I'm just glad I can shine a tiny bit of light on this whole situation.

Lou x x
Not All Disabilities Are Visible- brainandspine.org.uk

Return to “Other specific conditions and disabilities”