What's the Funniest Thing that has happened today?

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Mary_16121

Re: What's the Funniest Thing that has happened today?

Postby Mary_16121 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:19 pm

:lol: My lovely, daft silly man... well, he always was, even before the dementia... :lol: He sleeps in 'the buff' to use an old fashioned phrase. He is 6'2" and a bit skinny after major surgery. He climbed back into bed this morning after a visit to the loo, but left his SLIPPERS on!! 'Daft Lad' I said - and he did look rather funny !!

Mary_16121

Postby Mary_16121 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:58 pm

OK!! This is FUNNY

I had to go out today, but was waiting for a man to come and do some work on the bathroom. We arranged that I would leave the only house key in the shed.

When I got home, he had been and gone, but left me a note....... have you guessed yet?? :lol:

He said in his note that he would be here at 9am tomorrow, and that my key is in the shed.... Get it???

Only key in shed, note indoors :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Henrietta

Postby Henrietta » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:19 pm

On the subject of slippers- Dad needed to put his third slipper on :shock:

Mary_16121

Postby Mary_16121 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:15 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mary_16121

Postby Mary_16121 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:28 pm

DIZZY LOO

We rent our home, so no say when it comes to who does repairs. 8-)

Man coming to replace loo and wash hand basin - good Ho!! others were 46 years old and not fit for purpose. :)

Arrange to have done this week.

MONDAY - nothing :(

TUESDAY - nothing :(

WEDNESDAY - nothing :(

THURSDAY - almost nothing, but come home to find hand basin and loo unpacked in my sitting room. :huh: good thing Queen is not coming for tea!

FRIDAY -man comes to fit items as above, I make sure I have been to loo first. Loo taken out, so NO LOO, man gets new loo, inspects it and finds a crack in it that he did not spot when he unpacked it. phones for exchange who cannot replace til NEXT THURSDAY. Still no loo, so please man can you put back the old loo? He did - but decides at 3pm it is too late to start any further work, oh, yes, he has replaced new cistern :woohoo:

SATURDAY - want shower, no water, :oops: only a dribble from kitchen sink.... locate stop cock, too stiff for me to turn, all neighbours are old folks, so no one to ask as other half is away with son on holiday. :blink: Best friend and husband are in France, other best friend's husband is infirm as had stroke. Ring man, unobtainable, ring mans land line, no answer, find yet another mobile number for man, ring, no answer,leave message telling him I have to go out, key in shed, expect to have water on return. Back 4 hours later. No water :ohmy: Ring man again, leave message..... still no water :blink:

So, when the work should be finished, it hasn't even started properly, and will drag on for ages as no replacement loo til Thursday.... want water though, should have some tomorrow when other half returns !!!!

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Good job I can still smile.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Henrietta

Postby Henrietta » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Oh Mary- your sense of humour is a Godsend. I hope things get sorted soon.

Mary_16121

Postby Mary_16121 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:49 pm

Henrietta wrote:Oh Mary- your sense of humour is a Godsend. I hope things get sorted soon.

Thank you Henrietta, sometimes I don't understand my own sense of humour, but it went down well when I used to do talks to WI's :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Mary_16121

Postby Mary_16121 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:26 pm

The toilet saga continues.....

The poor ould fella came home from his respite holiday today, saw we had a new cistern and immediately dashed out to the garage - before unpacking or putting any of his detritus away...

what was he after?

well, the new smaller cistern did not come with water filled plastic bottles in it to save water.... all very commendable in a large cistern.

After much persuading, I put my foot down and told him there was no way he was going to be able to put 3 x 1 litre bottles into the small cistern.... so he grumped off into his room to start unpacking...... :silly: :silly: :silly:

Mary_16121

Re: What's the Funniest Thing that has happened today? Bathroom Saga continued

Postby Mary_16121 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Ha ha ha - I am laughing because this is too stupid for words. :side: :S :S

The man sorting out our bathroom - if you read the previous saga.... when there was a crack in the new loo and the old one had to come in from the garden ( always handy to have one there!! Joking)

Today he was back again - this time to fit the wash hand basin he had ordered- bearing in mind said basin has been sat in our lounge since Thursday, and he did unpack it....

NOW - wait for it......
He has noticed that the basin does not have a hole to connect the plug to, and it is the type that needs one...... why did he not notice it before I wonder.... this means he has to order another basin in addition to the second loo - this is getting very silly. The whole job was due to have been completed last week while 'poor ould fella' was away.

As it so happens... the job has not really started.... oh deep joy !!!!!
:-??? :-??? :-??? :-??? :-??? :-???

If any of you are betting people let's have a bet - no money etc to change hands, but I am estimating whole job including decor might be finished by end of August, but I am not sure which YEAR :pinch:

please don't say we should have checked him out - as we rent, and have no choices in these matters...... ha ha too hot to work, so off for a wee walk now - though unlike said workman, I have done 7 hours so far today, and intend doing more....

Return to “Dementia”