Stuff my dad says

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Pope_Pourri

Re: Stuff my dad says

Postby Pope_Pourri » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:58 am

Dad rang me on his landline the other week telling me he was at the Houses of Parliament and had been offered a job. I had to swallow a response of "But I thought the Monster Raving Loony Party had disbanded?"
I think he'd fallen asleep watching some live Westminster debate or something.

susieq

Postby susieq » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:06 am

We had to stop watching stuff like "Escape to the Country" or "Location, Location, Location" 'cos Mum was convinced we'd moved and she didn't want to live in the 'country' - she was a townie through and through. I can laugh about it now but at the time it wasn't funny as she could get really stressed out !

Another time she'd been watching a news item about war in the middle east and then proceeded to tell me that her daughter (me) was working in out there and she was a bit worried as she hadn't heard from her lately (yes, at that point I was living with her :roll: )
Remind yourself that it's OK not to be perfect

Pet66

Postby Pet66 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:16 am

Throughout all of the heartbreak, some light moments happen don't they.Ive had to learn to see the " funny" side. One of the ladies wanted my clothes last week. She is starting an office job next week and what I was wearing was just what she needed! I told her she looked lovely in what she had on, and would be perfect for the office. Oh, the fibs the fibs!! My nose and Pinocchio's are in competition.
I'm wondering if your dad would make a better job at the houses of parliament lol.
Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks

Pope_Pourri

Postby Pope_Pourri » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm

If my dad can fall asleep watching Parliament, then think Westminster has offered him a job, and if he can fall asleep watching Deal Or No Deal, then think Noel Edmunds is in his lounge, then Gawd help us if he ever finds the *ahem* mucky channels...

Pet66

Postby Pet66 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Oh Pope_pourri
Don't even go there! One day at a time, or as things ' progress'?, each hour at a time maybe.
Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks

Anne001

Postby Anne001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:13 pm

Absolutely. Reminds me when my mum insisted that Simon Cowell had given her a bath and wasn't very good at it :D

Return to “Dementia”