[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Read Any Good Books Lately? - Page 8 - Carers UK Forum

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Please feel free to join in or start any games.
116 posts
Bertiebear, I met the same author and bought the book, but not read it yet.
The more I read it, the more I like it Image It keeps getting better. Happy reading LazyD!
I have managed to get through 3 books in as many weeks! Must be something to do with being a lady of leisure nowadays.. Image

Anyway, Michael MacIntyres autobiography, fairly enjoyable and quite touching in parts. Still find it strange that such a young guy has written his autobigraphy.

Another autobigraphy, Stephen Fry, The Fry chronicles. Again enjoyable, but quite hard work in parts. Definitely one to read when there is plenty of time available.

Italian Verb Drills by Paula Nonni Tate. Don't ask. Image
An Idiot Abroad - Ricky Gervais & Karl Pilkerton (excuse spelling)
really funny.
Haven't read that one.
Grumpy old rock star - Rick Wake-man is funny,
More serious reads to try The Psychopath test, and Them by Jon Ronson Image
Grumpy old rock star - Rick Wake-man is funny,
More serious reads to try The Psychopath test, and Them by Jon Ronson Image

How strange I asked at the library last week about the book the Psychopathic Test after reading a review about it in Readers Digest, is it good?
It's brill; Cheryl , after first couple of pages, it's very intriguing .
have you listened to his radio show. It's so funny. Image
I love to read, I like Martina Cole (I do think her earlier stuff Lady killer,Goodnight Lady and the runaway were her best) She is great for a book you can't put down but they are fairly graphic and violent.
I love Jodi Piccoult my fave book of hers is my sisters keeper but all of hers are great.
Marian Keyes Brightest star in the sky is a lovely book and if you want to laugh and cry Cecilia Aherns P.s I love you is perfect (The film doesn't touch the book) I could go on forever as I love to read Image but thats enough for now
Sarah,
I have just been given a Martina Cole book ," Lady Killer", never read her books before , they sound
good.
Another book I seen recently is Sue Johnston "Things I could'nt tell my mother"( waking the dead fame) read first page in
shop, all about caring for her mother first line Enna Sharples once said about her mother dying.
quote "she sat up, broke wind and died" , she then talks about her own mum, and herself after that.
It looks good , I'm going to get it.
Minie
yes Alan Sugar's autobiography, "What you see is what you get" very very good, and quite funny.

Quite good too is Michael Cain's autobiography, "The Elephant to Hollywood"
Our local paper ran a competition, the prize was a copy of a book by a local author, Stewart Binns, about 1066 called "Conquest" it was great, if you like historical stories.
Then I read a book by one of my favorite authors, Harlan Coben, called "Play Dead". It was one of his early books and was a bit confusing at times, but a good read never the less.

I am reading "The Last Fighting Tommy" now, it's pretty good.

I have just picked up a copy of a book by one of my other favorite authors, Conn Iggulden, "Empire of Silver". He writes stories about Genghis Khan.

That explains were the summer has gone and why certain things, in the garden, didn't get done this year.
116 posts