[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Read Any Good Books Lately? - Page 7 - Carers UK Forum

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Please feel free to join in or start any games.
116 posts
I'm getting a darwin fish for the catholic mother in law Image
Hey we've hijacked this thread between us!! Image
It's not a hijack, it's evolution. Image
bit of a sci-fi girl here. My fav of all time is Frank Herberts Dune series
Best book recently THe Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson which lead me to read Dantes Inferno wich was great (victim of a comprehensive education so never read the classics)
Another favourite was The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Currently having trouble concentrating so reading Some lightweight fantasy By Rachel Caine and JV Jones
Dean Koontz is my fav author at the mo just bought 10 paperbags at a charity shop so that will keep me going for a while..... mmmm a long while Image
I've just finished "AZINCOURT" by Bernard Cornwell. It was a great gory read by a brilliant author.
Am currently reading 'Rhamin' by Bryce Thomas. I was in my local WHsmith and he was doing a book signing. I didn't know of the book, but he was a real nice guy. Friendly and charming, seemed very genuine. I couldn't afford the book at the time but have wanted to read it since, and now I am Image It's a fiction book with the main characters being wolves. I don't think I've ever read a story fro a wolf's point of view, and it's very good Image Hooray!
I used to love meeting authors. Its great to find out why they wrote the book and why the made characters do certain things.
Best one for me was Emma Donaghue the author of Room, brillant speaker and it was great hearing her read a section from her own book.
I'll look ot for that one I like things with a different angle
Bertiebear, I met the same author and bought the book, but not read it yet.
I have just started reading "Life of Pi," which my cousin has said is really good. As we like quite a few of the same authors, then I anticipate a good read.
61 hours by Lee Child.
another one I have on my shelf but have not read!I think I had better put my books somewhere that i remember to read them. I used to have my shelves where I could see them,and anticipate reading, which was half the fun, but now have had to move them, so I can't see them,and forget that I have new ones there!
Plus I have a kindle which I love. No more boredom at appointments, or even waiting for the bank to open in the morning!I have loads of free titles too, as many authors who are out of copyright, are free to kindle users. Yesterday I downloaded "Grimms Fairy tales" and "A Tale if two Cities."I have never read either, so looking forward to them.
116 posts