[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Read Any Good Books Lately? - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Please feel free to join in or start any games.
116 posts
.hi idid't read many kids books growing up i think i went straight from janet and john to sven hassel Image .
this month i have been mostly reading the 1st volume of a three book set on the third reich .now i am reading the 1st book in a set about graham greene .when i have read that i will go to book 2 of the third reich and so on Image
if you were to see the books on my shelves you would think i read little else apart from stuff about the nazis Image
Just out of curiosity, anyone read 'The Selfish Pig's Guide To Caring'? And if so, whaddaya think?
I like it and think they should be given, at least on loan, to new carers.
Well, while I'm here...
It's a guide to caring written by a carer which covers both the often and unoften mentioned caring concerns such as how to keep sane when dealing with endless forms, how to cope with the inside feelings many carers get (resentment towards their carees etc.), relationships, lack of sympathy from friends & family and many other things and treats carers as real people, not saints, sometimes selfish (or at least feeling selfish). It doesn't give answers where there aren't answers to give, which actually helps because it doesn't pretend to have all the answers, but it's good to read as it's a bit like this carers' forum in book form. In some ways at least, even if just for the 'Someone else feels this way too!' factor.

It's by Hugh Marriott if anyone wants to check it out.

p.s. I'm not on commission Image Image
I've raved about this book many times on here. It literally saved my sanity. I had no computer and was very new to this Caring malarkey. My daughter bought it for me and it has to be one of the best books I have ever read!!

Hugh Marriott looked after his wife with Huntington's disease. Being a journalist he had the tools to write this amazing book.

I too think every Carer should be given one.
I've read all 7 of the Harry Potter books, really would like to read the Twilight series as i have watched the films Image
I'm a Harry Potter fan. Image Read the books loads of times.
I've got all the films as well, apart from deathly hallows part 1 which aint out yet, but seen it. the books are better than the films tho defo, i feel as though im there wen im reading them Image
One more right here Image

Yep. The books beat the movies, and my wife says the Twilight books are much better than the movies too!
OMG just finished reading twilight i loved it, could hardly put the book dwn cant wait to start on new moon Image
Benjamin Zephaniah - 'Kung Fu Trip'

It's (intentionally) short but both funny and interesting. I like a lot of his stuff (music and poetry too). Stumbled upon this in the library.
116 posts