[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Read Any Good Books Lately? - Page 11 - Carers UK Forum

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Please feel free to join in or start any games.
116 posts
Posy, my cousin gave me a copy of the Life of Pi. I can't get into it at all,even though the write-up about it sounded good.
I did read Life of Pi about 5 years ago.
I read We Need to Talk About Kevin during Christmas when I got back to Dad's after visiting him at the hospital, I couldn't get into it for the first quarter then couldn't put it down.
Also I read "Before I go to sleep" and I really recommend that too.
Lots of other book ideas if you are stuck!
When I am at the hospital I really wished I had got a Kindle.
Just finished Eric Claptons autobiography.Fascinating.Just starting on a history of Velazquez. Image
Currently reading 'Plato And A Platypus Walk Into A Bar... Exploring Philosophy Through Jokes'.
It's pretty good Image funny too.
Rereading Jon Ronsons - The Psychopath Test , its really good. he is a great
journalist so funny. read Eric Claptons too, very good , love biography books.
I enjoyed " We need to talk about Kevin" and am now reading " In the midst of life" having just finished " Call the Midwife" I found 3 more of Jennifer Worths in the charity shop. Cannot put herbooks down and great to see on TV last week "Call the midwife"

Conned.
Finished Velazquez,now going back to short stories.Picked up `50 Horror Tales`at the charity shop.Should help me sleep. Image Image
Currently reading 'Kafke On The Shore' by Haruki Murakami.
It's getting better with each chapter Image
Recently read the dictionary. Turns out the Zebra did it.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
116 posts