[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Picture that Place (UK) ? - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Picture that Place (UK) ?

Please feel free to join in or start any games.
219 posts
Yup, and a lovely and unique place it is indeed.
This unique sixteen-sided house, described by Lucinda Lambton as having 'a magical strangeness that one might dream of only as a child', was built for two spinster cousins, Jane and Mary Parminter, on their return from a European grand tour in the late 18th century. It contains many objects and mementoes of their travels, and the extraordinary interior decoration includes a feather frieze from many species of birds, including game birds, fowl, jays and parrots, laboriously stuck down with isinglass. A fragile shell-encrusted gallery, said to contain nearly 25,000 shells, can be viewed in entirety on closed-circuit television.

It doesn't get much weirder than that..

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-alaronde
O.K.
ive seen it on tv- did u go in? i wpuld love to see the staircase decorated with shells

when u next go grab me and the girls enroute (jnt 9 m25 ) please!
That is much too cryptic. It is a tunnel, in stone, with some bricked in stuff on the end at the left, could be anywhere. CLUE pls.!
ive seen it on tv- did u go in? i wpuld love to see the staircase decorated with shells

when u next go grab me and the girls enroute (jnt 9 m25 ) please!
Yes, sure did go in Pix, and it is the kind of place that you will never forget.
minnie it looks like fort amhurst
doubt it is, or down dover in the war time tunnels

and rob grab us next time Image fank u kindly in advance (live polsden lacey and thats very pwetty!)
Burke
minnie it looks like fort amhurst
doubt it is, or down dover in the war time tunnels

and rob grab us next time Image fank u kindly in advance (live polsden lacey and thats very pwetty!)
I already done my taxi driver stuff today, if you never been to Devon you never lived: just go and book a caravan for a week next Summer at Torbay like we did, railway station isn't far, Pix!
thanks for the idea!to do thatmay have to do that afr the ex has wiped the floor with me in court again next month Image

is it the tunnels in wouldham?
clue

Military Tattoo
219 posts