[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
THE TIME I Won something AND it was a...... - Carers UK Forum

THE TIME I Won something AND it was a......

Please feel free to join in or start any games.
Hi Gang

Thanks Andy for sitting in for me last night - wasn't he great. Thank you to you all for being part of it, brilliant fun.

Excuse me a sec....recognise these legs (as I stand on my head, ow that hurt)? These are the very legs that were picked up by a friend and carried across the winning line in the Wallop School (really was the name of the school) Wheel Barrow Sports Day Race in 1983. I think we got to look after a silver cup for a year. This was the race for pupils who weren't good at the main athletic events.

What have you ever won? It doesn't matter how big or small it was. Have you won a newspaper competition, darts, a treasure hunt...

I would be delighted to know what you've done and what you won.

Winning songs

And, how many songs can we name that refer to winning - Abba The Winner Takes It All comes to mind.

Just post below.

Best wishes
Tim

See you at 8pm this Saturday on Radio Wey http://www.radiowey.co.uk and in the Carers World Radio Chatroom http://www.carersworldradio.com/
We are the Champions - Queen
Everyones a winner - Hot chocolate
All Fired Up - Pat Benetar
Simply The Best - Tina Turner
We Can't Be Beaten - Rose Tattoo
Playing To Win - Little River Band
Eye of the Tiger- Survivor

I've won trophies and money for darts. Image
Won a proof copy of a book as well in a comp.
When i was 7 months pregnant with my daughter 18 yrs ago, i was on holiday and thought id give indoor bowls ago..never played before..had a couple of goes at it and found i was actually good at something.
Anyway couple days later they asked me to enter the competion..i won a trophy and certificate that i still have in the loft..others were hacked off as they had been playing for years.

Never played since. Image
A couple of months ago,my sister found two £20 notes on a dark night. She sensed there was money by her feet when she was walking!She told me that it was a sign that my late son was around. I said to her,"well if he is around,then why doesn't he show me some money?I am his mother" And I laughed. For the next 3 weeks, I had four numbers on the Saturday lottery and won several hundred pounds. I have never won before, or since!
..others were hacked off as they had been playing for years.

Image Image
I've often considered trying out the whole beginners luck thing and playing a hundred new games just once to see if I come away with a hundred prizes (and even more enemies Image )

My wins:

I won quite a few colouring in competitions when I was small. I once won a prize of 'The Violet Dragons' story tape which I loved! I won it by colouring in a picture of a violet dragon - however, I didn't know what 'violet' meant so I coloured it in green Image How I won I don't know Image

I also won a £5 Safeway voucher when I was small. My mum said she'd give me £5 for it but I insisted on spending it myself and bought ecclairs and other things for the whole family Image
..others were hacked off as they had been playing for years.

Image Image
I've often considered trying out the whole beginners luck thing and playing a hundred new games just once to see if I come away with a hundred prizes (and even more enemies Image )

My wins:

I won quite a few colouring in competitions when I was small. I once won a prize of 'The Violet Dragons' story tape which I loved! I won it by colouring in a picture of a violet dragon - however, I didn't know what 'violet' meant so I coloured it in green Image How I won I don't know Image

I also won a £5 Safeway voucher when I was small. My mum said she'd give me £5 for it but I insisted on spending it myself and bought ecclairs and other things for the whole family Image
Brill idea..not the enemy bit tho.

I just remembered i won £700 quid at bingo, i shared it with my mum, then the following week i won £500 quid at bingo, i shared it with my sis, with my cash i bought a sofa off index, ( not around no more)..but coz it was a catalogue shop i couldnt see it till i got it.
What a mistake, was tiny, it collected dogs hairs like a magnet..only had it a year and got rid.

That was about, i don't know yrs ago..6 or 7..maybe longer..never won since but don't go anymore either Image
I never win a thing me!
The old lady (86)I used to clean for told me excitdly she had recieved a letter from 'real people' to say she had won a competition and would be recieving her prize shortly, she said if it was a holiday or a car I could have it, anyway her priuze arrived it was a book called 'How to have a better sex life' lol she wrapped it in 3 carrier bags and dumped it in a bin in town as she didnt want anyone to see it in her bin!
Image Image Image Image
I never win a thing me!
The old lady (86)I used to clean for told me excitdly she had recieved a letter from 'real people' to say she had won a competition and would be recieving her prize shortly, she said if it was a holiday or a car I could have it, anyway her priuze arrived it was a book called 'How to have a better sex life' lol she wrapped it in 3 carrier bags and dumped it in a bin in town as she didnt want anyone to see it in her bin!
Image Image Image Image Image
A bottle of wine in a raffle... I'm tea total!