<t>So, upon reading that twit's response, am I safe to assume that he's prepared to come to my house and spend all day doing the typical housewifely duties as well as running around after my husband, mother, sister in law and niece (and get abused for it) so that I can get a job, work full time and ...
When you are looking for things to make life that little bit easier for you and your caree, it's worth trying http://www.freecycle.org As the name suggests, it's a free recycling site so you can also use it to list all your own junk when you have a clearout. It's proved to be invaluable to us on a c...
<t>I know that this isn't a place for medical advice, I just want to know what other carers would do in this scenario.<br/> <br/> Somewhere between the end of last year and the beginning of this year, my caree fell trying to get in the car onto some loose shingle. I'n my efforts to pick him up, I ki...
Not being funny here, but I personally have never actually seen any charity for carers actually out there in the high street or even on tv, come to think of it.

It's a crying shame, too, cos I only happened to stumble across this site by chance.
Audrey, had I been there at the time, I would have done http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_redface.gif . That isn't the first run in I've had with that particular company - and it won't be my last. Had we not been in such a rush to get the limb home urgently because my caree needed it, I'd have cal...
Yea, seems like the usual pile of tosh that government regularly come out with to me!!! I suppose he expects us to take the caree's with us, stick them in the waiting area with a magazine and say "Don't want or need anything until I'm finished" How are they going to power the new laptops once they h...
<t>A couple of years ago, my caree went to DRI on the bus to pick up his spare limb. Upon returning to the bus stop (he'd used the local bus service) he was informed that they weren't allowing him to travel with his limb and nor would they put it in the boot for the duration of his 2 bus journey. So...
<t>I'm currently waiting on Derbyshire Carers Association sending me a list of therapy in my area (along with my membership pack). I didn't even know that it helps to tell your GP that you are caring until I registered with the carers association.<br/> <br/> I had an assessment about 2 years ago and...
<t>I'm scared, too.<br/> <br/> If I don't get help soon, I'm going to either end up in hospital or unable to care and there will be 2 of us to look after then. Who's going to do that?<br/> <br/> As things are right now, I don't even know what a pain free day is, never mind what they feel like. The 8...
<t>So we are told that knowledge is power - where do we get this knowledge in the ever changing world of rules and rights without sitting in front of a computer more or less constantly looking into this condition, that condition, rights to this, rights to that.... <br/> <br/> As carers, both us and ...