So, it sounds to me like he must suffer from a rare form of fatigue that makes him mute as well??? I'm sure that if he was tired enough to want to go to bed, he'd either let someone know or be sat in his chair/seat drifting off to sleep http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_sad.gif Could you not take ...
Yw, hunni. I'm sorry to hear that your mum has been readmitted Image Hope she's back at home in no time
<t>The other night (04/10/10), I was admitted to hospital overnight after I had an asthma attack and my blood oxygen levels dropped as a result of treating it. To cut a long story short, my caree was left at home to care for himself for the night.<br/> <br/> I spent the night imagining that all sort...
Ok, lets buy this "anxiety" diagnosis for a second here. They say that all anxiety issues have an underlying cause, what's the doctor doing to try to loccate and deal with it? Remember that you are entitled to a second opinion as well - don't be afraid to excersise that right no matter how absurd th...
I stumbled across this on my local carer's association website and thought it might be able to help you in some way http://www.carefeesadvice.com/index.html
LizK, another thing you might like to try is to run a Google for your county's carer's association... a lot of the time your local council can and do try to pass the buck and get you chasing your tail - but it seems that they can't do enough for you with a carer's association behind you.
<t>Exactly, Maxi!!!<br/> <br/> For years, I've been hearing "Put in for a Carers Assessment, put in for this, put in for that" then when it comes down to the boil, half the people who said it couldn't even tell me where to go to get the things they suggest.<br/> <br/> Not only would we, as carers be...
As far as i`m concerned young children should not even be working as "carers", i have nowt against children helping out , but to care for a parent or sibling is wrong , if any school knew that a child is "working " as a carer social services should be contacted, and they should provide the care nee...
<t>Well, I can't pretend to be surprised that my recent chat with my regional Carer's association led to nothing.<br/> <br/> Sure, I got all the usual info on carer's allowance... the issue with that is that I to0ld the woman that my caree "isn't disabled enough" (Ugh, I LOATHE those 3 words) in the...
<t>Is the school aware that the young person is a carer?<br/> <br/> I've never had any dealings with this myself, but I have been informed that schools usually make allowance for this when they are aware - such as giving them more time to complete assignments, extra help in lessons, the chance to do...