The first thing I'd say is:- http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_arrow.gif Research, research research and research again - Make sure you know EVERYTHING humanly possible to know about the condition(s) of your possible caree, yours and their rights and entitlements before you even start caring. You'...
<t>Whatever you do, make sure that they know in no uncertain terms that you are a carer and may have to leave work at any time with little or no notice. It's best that they know from the beginning just in case something happens and you need to leave or you are distracted at work for any reason.<br/>...
<t>I don't know whether to feel flattered or insulted by this???<br/> <br/> As someone who has done work in the charity sector, I used to feel bad about taking the staff discount offered by a lot of the charity shops and would "donate" my discount back to the charity.<br/> <br/> As far as the credit...
<t>For someone who can be largely pessamistic, I like all the seasons for their own merits. I like spring because I can see the flowers, plants and weeds waking up from their slumbers (who can resist the charms of young blooms fighting their way through the soil?), summer is nice for the obvious rea...
To be fair though, we have all contributed to the decline of "proper English" with our use of regional dialect - every county seems to want it's own identity nowdays... Scotland and Wales even have their own language to boot
<t>Hi Chris,<br/> <br/> I've been caring for my husband for coming up to 7 years now. I've had a similar letter to the one that you refer to (mine came from hmrc). I think (I'm going back a few years now mind) that it says at the bottom that the letter was sent to "advise you of the shortfall" and i...
<t>I'd like to see 2 different scenarios in something like this. It could be educational as well as entertaining - even to those who are already carers.<br/> <br/> For example:- Those of us who provide care for a loved one in their own home won't know what it's like being in a care setting and vice ...
I get a big fat 0 too.

I'm not going to get on my soap box again here though Image Everyone has heard enough of me complaining recently to last them a lifetime
My MP hears me,thats about it.he hears me.does nothing that is any help to me.But then,What can one mp do?. Don't underestimate the powers of "just one MP" hunni - sometimes, the weight of one high profile person can be enough to get gears moving a lot faster than one can expect them to... especial...
Some of us don't even get the £50 odd quid a week... I've been doing it for 4 people for the past 6 years on nothing!!!