[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Andrew,
As I understand it, and I could be wrong, If there is a disabled person in the house then the benefit cap will not apply.
That is until this government change the rules again.
I think you should be ok though while your Mum lives with you.
Hi again.

I've e-mailed the Welsh Assembly (health and social care dept) about this craziness. Don't suppose they will even bother to reply but I'll let you all know if they do.
Someone might see sense.
xxx take care and have a good day xxxxx
<t>Hi, thanks all for your replies.<br/> <br/> I am looking for a hotel really so I can look after hubby without having to do all the other daily stuff like cooking/cleaning etc. We could have quality time together getting out and about. <br/> At home by the time I've done everything for him and the...
<t>Hi,<br/> Can someone tell me my rights for taking a holiday with my hubby who I care for.<br/> I have been looking after him since 2007 without a break 24/7.<br/> I have been trying all day to get funding for a holiday together but all anyone says is that I can have one ( I MIGHT qualify for a gr...
<t>Hello Jan,<br/> So sorry to hear about your dear husband's stroke. It is very early days in stroke terms and recovery can take a long time, having said that improvement is possible.<br/> I sat with my hubby in intensive care unit for 6 weeks massaging his limbs, constantly, using soft strokes com...
Image Image Image
<t>Hi mal,<br/> My hubby has been wearing the same sort of trousers since his stroke as he cannot get to the loo fast enough with 'proper' pants or jeans. I hang them up after washing<br/> and they are ready to wear the day after. <br/> I also keep a spare pair in the car in case of 'accidents.'<br/...
That's me too. I stay polite, just, but inside I'm seething, angry and frustrated.
<t>Hiya,<br/> I have to agree with Charles on this, it does sound as if your Mum might have some sort of neurological problem. Keep a detailed list of everything your Mum does for a few days and then take it to her Doctors, ask him for a referral to the memory clinic.<br/> If she has a problem then ...
<t>Welcome and hello debbie, sorry to hear about your hubby, it's a lonely life caring 24/7.<br/> Your hubby seems to have a few of the problems that mine does, he's diabetic, severely sight impaired, has mobility issues from the stroke and now has vascular dementia.<br/> <br/> The forum is a good p...