[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
scally has turned this round to death where the main point was handling the caring needs and doing the best for our carees that aren't in any fit mental state to attend a pip assessment,or shouldn't attend because of fully documented information by professionals,or would be difficult to assess beca...
<t>well said malc!!!!!!!<br/> <br/> I've been onto my MP dozens of times about clarification of the assessments for people with alz/dementia, no reply beyond the 'the genuinely disabled have nothing to fear' party line.<br/> <br/> Told him we do not 'fear' the assessment it's just so very very cruel...
Hi,
to be honest I take hubby into the ladies if there is no disabled available. Once the ladies see his white stick they are usually fine and no-one can see in the cubicle and hubby cannot see the ladies.

We've never had a problem with doing this.
<t>Sorry malc,<br/> my hubby has vascular dementia after a stroke, mobility issues, severely sight impaired, diabetes, high blood pressure etc etc and I have e-mailed my MP about wether hubby will have to go for the assessment for the new PIP and his answer was 'yes'<br/> Then he spouted the party l...
Push comes to shove you're on your own
<t>Hi tracie, it's not the same as carers allowance is it?<br/> I read something about it the other day, I think it's from your local council. Try them or your social worker if you have one.<br/> Suppose welfare rights or someone like that might know.<br/> Please let us know how you get on, I cannot...
probably the tip of the iceberg.
<t>Jacs it's totally normal.<br/> 5 years on and I'm still not adjusted to the situation after hubby's stroke.<br/> Most of the time I want to run away and not come back. I haven't even got dressed today, we've been in bed most of the time, can't be bothered.<br/> BUT, it will pass, been here before...
So sorry Joanna that the prognosis was not good.
Give yourself time to come to terms with it properly.
Take care of yourself too
(((((HUGS))))
<t>Hi Rach123,<br/> <br/> horrid situation to be in, life in limbo......<br/> <br/> My hubby had a very serious stroke 5 years ago, April 10th 2007, the Doctors said he would probably have a maximum of 5 years left.<br/> I am dreading this years anniversary.<br/> <br/> Tick tock, tick tock<br/> <br/...