[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Bowlingbun, Dad has the emergency cords in all his rooms, a Careline pendant that he wears and the sheltered accommodation manager checks in with him every morning. At the moment there are carers coming in twice a day & I'm seeing if we can afford a hot meals service in the middle of the day so some...
Hi! Can anyone share with me how they manage to cope with the feelings of guilt and anxiety? I care for my Father who has poor vision, poor hearing and COPD. He has just started living alone and I do have support for him from Social Services but I am suffering from terrible guilt about him being the...
Thanks Jenny! Such good advice! I know deep in my heart that I will be less stressed and have more patience with my Dad now that he's settling in his new home. I want to be able to have a bit more time with my Mum as well but up until now all my time has been focused on a Dad and his move. I didn't ...
Thank you to everyone for their support and good advice! Myself, my daughter and a good neighbour with a van helped to move my Dad into his sheltered accomodation today. We are doing it gradually so he is staying with me for a few days befor he's in properly. I'm so worried about him but I now feel,...
I don't know why they can be stubborn sometimes maybe it's a last hold on to independence ! It's not sensible though but they are adults and what can we do but worry for their safety! My Dad goes from being very needy to being quite chipper and independent despite his sight issues! Sometimes I think...
Hi! My Dad has poor vision and insists on wearing his 'comfy' slippers! I have recently bought him a new better fitting pair. He seems to trip quite easily and has bumped his head many times over the last year. Twice he has ended up in A&E because of a lot of bleeding. They always check him out, car...
Hi everyone Thank you to everyone who has replied and given me such good advice! My dad has now been living with me for the past two weeks and I have managed to find sheltered accomodation for him very nearby to me. He gets the keys next week. I think he will be OK once he has settled in and have so...
Hi Jenny Thank you for your very honest description of being a carer. I have just started being my Dad's carer suddenly as my Mother has had a serious fall and will never walk again. She also suffers from a confusional state and so sadly will have to remain in a nursing home. Until the accident Mum ...
Thanks bowlingbun,
A needs assessment has been done for Dad but not for either myself or my sister. I'll get on to it this week.
It really has been good getting this advice and support.
It might make my sister feel less stressed as well.
Thank you !
Thank you bowlingbun! I am trying to get him into council sheltered accommodation but I suppose these things don't happen overnight ! I thought about writing to the local councillor but as you say their minds will be on electioneering now! I will have had notes written up while I was in hospital and...