Oh thank you very much! So many more lovely ideas here! I took in my 1st wedding photos today as they are 41 years old and she enjoyed looking at relatives in the photos. Her father, my Grandad was in them so she was fascinated by that! I do bring her flowers for her room and I love the idea of a bi...
Thank you subsequent and Bowlingbun.
Good ideas!
I just feel so helpless in trying to help my Mum but I will try to think of something for every time I go to make the visits a good time for her.
Hi! Having been through a whirlwind few months with care for my Dad and finding a suitable nursing home for my Mum, things have calmed down a little! My current concern is how to help stimulate and entertain my Mum when I visit her in the nursing home. She has early stage vascular dementia with a su...
Hi! I know there is nothing anyone can say or do but I just thought I could come on here and have a moan! I know people here are very supportive. My Mum who was my Dad's carer has had an awful accident but she has also been finally diagnosed as having vascular dementia. Since her accident she has ma...
Hi! I bought a selection of activities for my Mum through one of the Alzheimer's sites. One activity was a pack of picture flash cards with pictures from the 50s. I used them with Mum today and she loved them. She became very animated and really enjoyed talking about the memories they brought back. ...
Thank you Jenny & Annie Some great ideas! Mum can no longer yes her left arm so she's a bit hampered but luckily she's right handed so she can still use that hand. I will invest in some textured 'toys' as she is fiddler with tissues and her bed sheets. I am very happy to sit with her and help. I was...
Hi! First of all thank you to everyone who gave me a lot of support recently about becoming a carer to my Dad who has just moved in to his sheltered accomodation. My second worry now is that my Mum has dementia and is currently in a hospice but we are looking for a suitable nursing home for her. Whi...
Thanks bowlingbun and crocus,
Sound advice. I think I'm very tired and I know it's then that things can loom out of proportion!
Thank you!
Hi Starfish My Dad can be quite sociable. His deafness can make it a bit hard for him but he does give it a go! I will investigate Day Centres etc and see how he gets on. I have already started fretting about what he will do if I go on holiday! I have to find a way to calm myself down I think and ma...
Susieq Thanks for your kind words. Dad is in sheltered accommodation with reasonable support. The whole change to our situation as a family happened so quick so having to act swiftly probably also makes me feel callous at getting him off to his new place so quickly. I just felt the quicker he was re...