Dear G Fraser
Thank you for your advice. It was very helpful.
Best wishes
Catherine
Hi! I would be very grateful for advice please. I think my 89 year old father is depressed. My mother is in a nursing home with dementia and my sister has washed her hands at being able to deal with the situation and has abandoned my Father. He lives very near to me in sheltered accommodation with a...
Thanks Henrietta
That's really useful information. I plan to talk to the staff in the nursing home today so maybe we can get one of those rubber bells!!
Thank you Colin and Elaine for your prompt replies. Great ideas. I'll check in again tomorrow Colin to see if you have more info.
Thanks.
Goodnight.
Hi ! I would appreciate some advice please. My Mum has vascular dementia and has great trouble settling at night. She shuffles out of bed and is generally unsettled and sometimes agitated. A recent risk assessment was carried out and she now has her bed lowered with crash mats surrounding the bed on...
Hi Bowling Bun Thank you for your support! Dad's cancer is slow growing apparently and he isn't going to have chemo. He has told the doctors that he doesn't think he'll have any more ops either. No one has spoken of a timescale. He had a bone scan and there was no evidence that it had spread which u...
Hi Elaine We've recently had an assessment and Dad has a Carer's visit twice a day and the time with the carer has been increased. That has helped as that means Dad has a shower every morning now as well as his breakfast made for him & the Carer tidies around as well. The carer used to come at dinne...
Hi Bowling Bun I do have support for Dad in the form of Carers twice a day and he works hard at being independent but he needs increasing support & it overwhelms me at times. I feel very guilty about the fact he makes me feel frustrated and annoyed at times. I don't think I show it but in my head I'...
Thank you Jenny Lucas! Your post really says how I feel! I know there is nothing I can do about Mum's dementia or that it's possible for her to come home. I also care for my Dad who has cancer with other ailments so I know the nursing home us the only place where Mum can be looked after. I suppose I...
Hi! I haven been in here for a while which should be good news but I am concerned about my Mum. She was diagnosed with vascular dementia 18 months ago and has lost the use of her legs so is either in an armchair or wheelchair which she hates. To me she seems depressed although she seems to put in a ...