[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I agree and have been looking for a plate. John Lewis have a cheap and cheerful one I like but it's too large for the cupboard. It's strange how you suddenly realise that size matters. I might just treat myself to a personalized little number. Thanks for your empathy and advice. Much appreciated.
Dear Crocus, I've tried to get her GP to refer her to a memory clinic for over three years. But when GP sees her, she's ok and the feedback is always that 'she's wonderful for her age'. Today is a typical one for me. Everything is going wrong. Example, bought Dettol wipes on internet but it's new pa...
Thanks everyone. Mum's decided that she doesn't need extra help, but having spent too long washing and cleaning last night because other carer didn't, I know I need extra help. My health has really been affected. I've developed allergic type reactions to lots of things. New sheets make me itch, my r...
It makes me feel so much better to know that I'm not the only one with 'daft' families. I mentioned to one relative that the carer who had just left in disgust used to wash mum's soiled undies with the rest of the wash, including my face cloths (used to treat my dry eyes by heating it and holding it...
Many thanks, crocus. So glad I'm not the only one. To be fair, they did look after my mum after she came out of hospital, but if they continue to be so critical and suggest I move out to make mum happier, then I can ask them to look after mum again. They'll have to. As both work, they might not be s...
I care for my frail, forgetful mum but have a progressive neurological myself. I have help from a carer for four hours a day but otherwise, pretty much have to look after the house myself. I'm not obsessive about hygiene but do think it useful to wash your hands before touching food, especially if i...
Dear everyone, I am 60 years old, disabled, and living with my 91 year old mum. She's very frail and forgetful and my main problem has been getting help from the GP. I've made appointments to talk to her GP, and accepted a telephone consult a week later, and then he didn't ring. I have no support; s...