[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I agree there is little risk of catching a bug but I just don't like clean clothes being dumped on a dodgy floor when there's a table, chairs, etc etc. Also, we're talking about sick individuals, not healthy boys. It's a completely different ball game. It's about how much care you take, given the ci...
I hope that you don't sort your clothes by placing them on the floor in your hallway. It's not just bacteria and viruses, but dirt. Why do we teach young people to pick up their clothes from the floor in their room? It's not just tidiness. It's about avoiding bacteria and mould which can make the cl...
I'd appreciate other people's opinion on the following matter. I found my carer sorting out hats and scarfs by lying them on the stairs. The stairs are not dirty in the sense they get hovered once a week but people go up and down with outdoor shoes so they are not the cleanest surface either. I foun...
I know. It's beyond ridiculous.
Sadly, I've done that. It just gets ignored. Yes, they do the flowers. No, they don't check it's all clean afterwards. And hygiene wise, they seem to bring in bugs. Touch cups where you put your lips. You can point it out but they forget. they are not that bothered. If there were other carers to hel...
Thanks Jenny. Your words really helped me feel a little better. I can ask till the cows come home. It's normal to clean after you spill. But as a friend said, ' just because it's normal and intelligent, it doesn't mean someone will do that.' She told me to apologise to my mum and I have. You have to...
NB Mum has mild cognitive impairment, not dementia. She's unsteady on her feet but not enough to use her rollator. Can shuffle happily. I hate my role at this time of her life as it's ruined our relationship but I'm human. I'm not a saint. Just at the end of my tether.
Mum's 10-2 lady did the flowers and as per usual, spilled sticky flower food over table, and left flowers and stems all over floor. she cut the stems with our food scissors. This was not the first time and I'd asked her not to use flower food as it was hard not to spill it. I'm knackered with all th...
I had a word with mum's GP today and she agreed that it seems that mum has dementia. She has all the signs bar one. GP will check that it's not an acute medical condition and then refer to a memory clinic. I can scream and shout but my mum doesn't understand and then forgets. I can leave her but the...
That is what surprised me. Learning about caring without book or course is like reinventing the wheel. What do you do if your relative with a urine infection starts putting soiled pads on top of a clean toilet roll? The one you also use. Bit of a shock. I've left her a few sheets so she can't rest a...