[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I can totally relate to this. I just lost my mum recently. The "hit you like a train" is how I describe it to others. My mum pretty much died in my arms as well. It's incredible painful. An unimaginable pain. I feel your pain x
Hey all, I haven't really been active on here in many months. That will change now. I'm a student mental health nurse about to qualify and I was the main carer for my mum who had delusional disorder, a form of psychosis. She developed this quite late in life after taking early retirement. Basically ...
Thanks Jenny! It's always nice to read back something (like your post here) that reinforces it was "okay" to feel bloody peed off! On the recent presentation I did about engaging with carers I made sure to include on one of the slides "don't make inappropriate assumptions about how much care a carer...
Jenny, thanks for the reply. I see another member has linked me into the "boiling blood" thread (Thanks BowlingBun). I've just got in from placement so will search the forum tomorrow for this Boiling Blood discussion. Without reading the debate yet, as a student mental health nurse my very initial r...
Sorry this is so wordy. Finding it hard to trim it down, feels like I won't be doing it justice if I cut stuff out! I'm interested in the issue of caring generally to be fair. However, I'm gone half-way now in my degree (mental health nursing student). I'm also the main carer for one of my parents ...
Hi Elly. Big welcome. I hope you find out what you need to about a Carers Assessment. You've done the right thing in joining the forum. Take care.
Hi Catherine, just a warm welcome from me here without much advice I'm afraid! I hope you find joining this forum as helpful as I have. Take care.
Hi Janice, and welcome. Like I have done recently with myself, you have acknowledged that depression is a factor. As a student mental health nurse, I'm very interested in how being a carer, especially to people with complex needs, impacts on the mental health of the carer. I'm sorry for not really a...
Just wanted to welcome you Pete. The others have given some great suggestions. Must admit I have not read every reply so might be duplicating others advice here. My own advice for lifting people's spirits and helping to motivate goes for any age group. Be persistent and show this persistence, whilst...
Hi Joanna, You've hit the nail on the head with some of your comments there. The bit about realising you're not alone and that others experience similar emotions. This is what I experienced after joining a few backs pack and posting my intro. I can't tell you how important is was for me to know I am...