[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi There. Depression can be caused for many reasons and dealing with it takes patience and understanding, space alone is very important to a person with depression, being able to switch off from the world. Whilst some will say this is self indulgent, being left alone to sit in front of the TV for ho...
Hi Peter, I would suggest that you ask social services to appoint a care manager and get them to do an assessment, ask them to find respite care for your mother, explain that you are exhausted and need recovery time yourself. If you can get the doctor to make a recommendation even better, ask for a ...
Continued Harsh realites. Carers uk can advise you of groups in your area and CAB or dial.org.uk can help with benefit advice. I struggle dealing with my own stuff but because I can detach my feelings I am able to help others. in life you need to help yourself first so that you can help others. Like...
Hi Alex What i'm about to suggest may not be possible or easy to do. I think you need to try and detach your feelings, yes they are your parents and you their obviously loving and caring son but you will be of absolutely no use to them if you have a breakdown. Try to imagine what advice you would gi...
Hi All.
I read with interest all your posts, even some of the old ones, what I don't see is tales of happy endings or woe for that matter. Am I looking in the wrong place?? This could be of help to others who face similar problems especially when it comes to form completion.
Madfloyd
Hello Petal The Tribunal will not be as scary as you think, as someone said because you are the appointee you have the right to speak and to tell them exactly what care and mobility needs you give assistance with. the panel is made up of a judge, a doctor and a person from the disability advisory se...
Hi Infuriated.
Just to say if your husband was awarded the standard rate for daily living for PIP, you can claim carers allowance as long as you meet the criteria.
Best Wishes
Madfloyd ;)
Sorry Petal posted last reply before seeing page 3 of forum. You can claim CA and still get your DLA as DLA is not means tested. However you may find you are better off getting the carers premium with the ESA rather than CA this too can be backdated. good luck with the math.
Madfloyd :geek:
Hi All New to forum but hope I can be of help. Petal your PIP review is called a Mandatory Reconsideration, it is highly unlikely the DWP will contact your GP as they say the onus of proof is yours. Most people believe that by simply telling them of a medical condition the award would be straight fo...