Hi I don’t think of myself as a martyr but having seen the decline in my mum if she has to go in hospital for an illness all I can think of is what would happen if she went in a home. She has one on one care at the moment from me or a carer that stays with her whilst I go to work. She will never get...
Hi... I know this seems a strange request but has anyone had experience of being a carer and seeing a GP about depression ? I look after my mum who is blind and has dementia. I know I’m really depressed but don’t want to be put on tablets and I don’t want to listen to another lecture on have I thoug...
We where lucky enough to bump into a friend one day who advised us to get POA as soon as we could before mum declined and I’m so glad we did. We talked it through with mum and put a “referee” in place so that she could turn to her if she thought that the decision me and my brother where making where...
I personally don’t think you need a badge to say your qualified to be a “dementia friend” as dementia affects so many people now it’s impossible to find a person who isn’t aware of the “condition” because it’s highly likely it’s affected someone in there family. I don’t need a badge to help my mum o...
Silly question I know but how long does it usually take for them to make a decision ? We had the initial meeting with CHC, Carers representative, social worker and Parkinson’s nurse beginning of Sept last year..... I chased it again on Friday but they still haven’t made a decision either way.....usu...
We had a similar issue with my mums Warfarin. They would only issue a new prescription on me delivering a copy of her INR score we received after every blood test. I started to email them a copy if I couldn’t get to the surgery but they informed me that I must telephone them to tell them I’m sending...
It’s being rolled out all over the country and has been for the last few years.....it’s just hitting us in Bedfordshire now

Here’s a link I found for Liverpool though

https://www.liverpoolccg.nhs.uk/media/3 ... eaflet.pdf
Hi Yes the procedure is that when you collect the latest batch of medication and your standing in the chemist you used to be able to tick the boxes on the tear off part of the prescription and hand them back to the chemist and HE puts the request in for you. Apparently too many people where just tic...
I’m not one to normally knock the NHS as they do a terrific service BUT..... My lovely local chemist usually orders all my mums tablets on a repeat prescription every month and I just pop down to collect them. This all stops though as the NHS has decided that the chemist is wasting money by requesti...
Pain Killlers
Lindt Chocolate Orange Balls
And Molton Brown shower gel........

Thank god for all of the above :D