Ayjay......

I’m on my way lol ....it will take me 2 hours to get there although we may have to stop off for numerous toilet stops on route.....pmsl you cheeky devil
Lol....thanks Chris, spilt me tea when I read the last bit about the cheap massage and your lack of knowledge !!! I am honestly gratefully for the £20 don’t get me wrong but it’s the lack of increase in line with the new minimum wages etc and a question of should I be requesting a review since I hav...
Hi I had a carers assessment a few years back and they decided that as I worked full time and looked after my mum who is blind and has Parkinson dementia that I was earning too much to be entitled to any benefits as such They did decide though as all my work holiday time is used up on hospital appoi...
Are you the full time carer ? I only ask as I kind of have had to adjust to my mums sleep pattern.....like you would with a small child. For example last night she kindly called out to me every two hours to “ check I was ok !!!” which was really sweet but beginning to grate by 4am.....!!!! So once w...
Yes Chris your links are really helpful.....keep em coming fella x x
I learnt the hard way and keep all documents that relate to mum.....she generates masses of paperwork from Doctors letters to Invoices to discharge notes......a whole forests worth of paper !!! Which now equates to 4 box files. You never know when your going to need them.....for example my mum stopp...
Me and the carer attempt a shower at least twice a week but it does depend on my mums moods. We get her meds down as soon as she wakes with a cup of tea and a biscuit.....I know some people who leave there meds till they are washed and dressed but I need them to start working ASAP or she puts up to ...
And so it drags on and on....we where accessed for CHC Funding in September 2018....they agreed a only a month ago that they would fund and refund us the payments we have made since September. However we received a letter from there admin telling us the amount they are paying us which is only two th...
Hi - All We regularly visit a shop and the really really nice assistant reminds me every time we go in that she has signed up to be a Dementia friend. She says she has been sent a book and a badge. BUT can I ask what does it actually mean ? How does signing up thousands of people actually help peopl...
I just think you need to bite the bullet and do it.....yes they will go mad but the sad thing about Dementia is will they actually remember in a few weeks time when things have settled down. My mum (and I have to admit me as well) really resented the thought of carers etc but now have such a good fr...