We found the "teddy" helped for us....although its a rolled up sweatshirt which belonged to my father and tied with a piece of lace that my mum uses as a comforter....its called Albert and heaven help if I forget to tuck Albert under her arm last thing as I put her to bed.... In terms of the crying ...
Many thanks for all the replys....we are in that no mans land bit of have being moved on by the Parkinsons team to see if the mental health consultant can help so nothing the GP can do till an appointment comes through..although the GP did issue me some tablets to calm things down if it got really r...
Decided to go out shopping with mum today and all went well including a lovely lunch.....we returned to the car and it all kicked off. She refused to get in the car so I gave her some space... but this didn't help as she started yelling at passers by to get help as I was trying to kill her. It was s...
Thanks for all your suggestions....we have outside carers at moment so I can still work part time. It's weird how she behaves herself in front of others like a GP....so maybe she will if I get someone to put her to bed at night. We have an awesome care company at the moment who have become really cl...
I didnt know about the updated assessment so will call social services about that. I have also just filled in a online form about a carers assessment for myself so will wait and see what happens...thanks for the info x x
Hi all....Im caring for my mum who has Parkinson dementia. She had a stroke 2 months ago and is now severly sight impaired or totally blind to be precise ( sorry but why do they mess about giving new terms just to be politically correct ) Im experiencing real problems in getting someone up washed an...