[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Well, at least he's on the psychiatrist's radar.

I do hope you can enjoy your Christmas. Sometimes my son can rise to the occasion and be sociable even when he's been absolutely unspeakable with just me. :angry: Fingers crossed. :lol:

All the best.
So sorry to hear things are getting worse. I promise it won't go on for ever, although right now that's probably no help to you. Do you think his house mates would involve the police? "Ranting and raving and breaking things" would make a good case for putting others at risk of harm I would have thou...
Oh how infuriating! I'm all too familiar with endlessly delayed appointments. It's the complete frustration of knowing what's needed but being unable to access it. I also understand that awful feeling as things plunge downhill again, just when you thought it was going to work out...... I'm sure PALS...
Hi again Lilac The first drug my son was given was Olanzapine but it made him lethargic and overweight. On the suggestion of the mental health team he changed to Quetiapine but had a bad experience with it. He was afraid to go to sleep and took to camping on my bedroom floor. He didn't get much supp...
Irene, I'm so sorry to read this.

When my mum had difficulty swallowing co-codamol I arranged for effervescent tablets instead. Makes a rather bitter drink but she could swallow it quickly.

Just a thought....
Diane - I couldn't just 'read and run'. What an awful time you're having, even your poor dog.

I can't really offer any suggestions but I'm sure others will be able to. I do hope the next doctor can do something useful.

((((Hugs))))
Hi Emma My son has been on Olanzapine and Quetiapine and latterly on injections of Zuclopenthixol. His illness was well controlled with Clozapine, indeed it is considered the 'gold standard' of medication. He could not tolerate the side effects but many people manage to take it, sometimes in conjunc...
Jenny I understand where you're coming from as I've been tempted to do this myself but this is a bad idea on so many counts. It is indeed illegal - you can only treat someone against their will if they are under a section order. There is a risk that the pills may interact in some hitherto unsuspecte...
Hi Carol I'm afraid I know little about autism, but some of what you describe resonates with me. My older son, diagnosed with schizophrenia, wrote all over the walls of his flat, and my younger son still has periods of accumulating rubbish in his room till there is more rubbish than carpet. I don't ...
Hi Nicky Firstly, well done to your son for getting his degree. I can identify with a lot of what you say. My son has a long history of starting jobs and courses, only to founder when he gets stressed out. I believe he has had an undercurrent of psychosis for most of his life, from even before he wa...